Wednesday 16 May 2012

Monday May 14

Languishing in Vancouver Airport waiting for our boarding call to come over the intercom.  We have had to find things to do for 4 hours!  Almost successful in getting Matthew to take his sandals off and wade in the pond for some coin.  Although there were no signs to the contrary,  Matthew was sure it was not legal, so I had him take a picture of me in the gigantic fish tank.  Got to dry off before the flight, though,.  13 hours in wet clothes wouldn't be fun. (haha - hope I didn't catch you on that one.)  Posing in front of the fish tank created a stir with bystanders.  Matthew didn't want me to take my shirt off for the pose to make it more realistic, so I let him win on that count.

While sitting in the waiting area for our flight, we met a lady going to Guang Zhou where her parents live.  She kindly offered to show us around when we get there, but she returns to Canada the day before we arrive.  There were a few more interesting visits along the way, prompting questions as to why I knew so many people.,.right from Kamloops airport where I bumped into 2 Logan Lakers to Vancouver and beyond. 

The flight was uneventful and 45 minutes late, putting us in Hong Kong around the time of another crowd of passengers and making our luggage quite late at the carousel.   However, luggage arrived intact and once we got a SIM card for the cellphone, we made quick contact with our ride and got to the room before midnight...up 5 floors and no elevator.  Now that just about did me in.

It was real good to sleep horizontally.

No comments:

Post a Comment